Saints, The Musical

Saints, The Musical

Monday, June 15, 2015

Stage 10: Another Opening, Another Show

But it's not another opening of another show! It's the opening of a show that was written for my brother with love and appreciation for all he's done for me and my siblings. It's my attempt to turn his extremely funny novel into a musical. I hope I have done him justice.

On that note (pardon the pun I can't help myself) I've been thinking lately that it may be somewhat intimidating to the cast and the Directors to have the author of the book and the creator of the musical sitting out in the theatre watching them at every rehearsal breathe life into the characters Don and I knew so well.. But they shouldn't worry or be nervous as we are thrilled with the results of the work that these very dedicated actors and directors are achieving. For both of us it's an exhilarating  experience seeing it all come to life through the talents of this cast and crew.

It's getting so close to opening night. These last two weeks will be exciting and arduous but also a lot of fun. This show is really a lot of fun. I am so interested in seeing an audience react to what we are all creating. For those of you old enough to remember, or for those of you who watch old TCM movies....it's the closest thing to a Mickey and Judy movie ( if you don't get the reference ask your mom or dad or grandma or grandpa) I'll ever experience!  They would write a musical, get a cast of talented young people, find a barn and put on a show that when performed was a sensation and it was all supposed to be done without any money or support whatsoever....except they had MGM studios to make it look like a huge Broadway success!!! We don't have MGM but we have a terrific show.

Come see what we've done. You, the audience, are all we need in two weeks time.

Stage Left: "I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats!"

No comments:

Post a Comment